The Friends of Queens Park was formed in 2006. Its aim is to help improve the park by making plans, consulting with park users and organising finance.
With guidance from Conwy County Borough Council’s Leisure Department, Friends of Queens Park have drawn up a constitution, held fundraisers, and planted flowers in the park.
The current management committee of the friends is as follows:
Chairman – Sue Jones
Secretary – Carolyn Hines
Treasurer – Frank Bradfield
Vice Chiar – Francis Davies
Sub-groups have been formed for gardening in the park and organising events.
With guidance from Conwy County Borough Council’s Leisure Department, The Friends of Queens Park have drawn up a constitution, held fundraisers, and planted flowers in the park.
The most visible achievement has been new play equipment. A summary of the project is available on the WREN website.
The Friends have also:
- Commissioned a drainage survey of the park;
- Interviewed local residents, dog walkers, and schoolchildren about park use;
- Drawn up a proposal (and a funding plan) that includes a new children’s playground, a five-a-side football pitch, new flowerbeds and plantings, renewed footpaths, a dog-run area, and new seating;
- Held a consultation exercise;
- Based on feedback, made changes to plans;
- Made grant applications.